Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are you located?
- Am I a good fit for Fulfillrite?
- Which platforms are you integrated with?
- Which shipping carriers do you work with?
- Do you offer FBA prep services?
- Does using Fulfillrite require signing a long-term contract?
- What are your hours of operation?
- Can you help me with other projects such as labeling or kitting?
- Do you offer discounted shipping rates?
- How do I calculate my shipping costs?
- Do you support custom packaging?
- How long does it take for you to receive my products?
- Can I send an order via email or fax?
- Does Fulfillrite handle customs clearance?
- Do you work with freight forwarding or customs brokerage firms?
- Do I need a US Tax ID number when importing into the United States?
- What happens if a customer returns a product?
- Do you handle fragile products?
- How large or heavy can my products be?
- Is there a limit to the number of items we can store?
- How do I view my order and inventory data?
- How long does it take for you to receive items?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- How does Fulfillrite protect my products and data?
- Is there a minimum or maximum order volume per month?
- Can I come visit your warehouse?
- Do you offer customer service for our products?
- How is sales tax applied to eCommerce orders?
- Are there any products that are restricted or prohibited?
- Do you handle food items?
- On which days will Fulfillrite be closed?
Fulfillrite is located at 1715 Oak St., Lakewood, New Jersey, USA. This location is conveniently located next to several major shipping hubs. FedEx is down the block from us and UPS is less than 2 miles away. We are one hour from the Port Newark-Elizabeth Marine Terminal. We are within two hours of the John F. Kennedy, LaGuardia, Newark Liberty, and Philadelphia International airports. This enables us to provide fast turnaround times on outbound shipping and the receiving of imported goods.
Fulfillrite is here to help and we are happy to answer questions about fulfillment, regardless of whether you use us for your fulfillment needs. Our specialty is fulfillment for eCommerce stores, crowdfunding projects, and promotional distribution of small, lightweight products. Most of our clients are entrepreneurs and creators with unique products and limited SKU counts. Some examples are board games, nutraceuticals, supplements, books, electronics, toys, home goods, accessories, and apparel. Not sure if your product meets our criteria? Give us a call.
Fulfillrite integrates with a wide variety of eCommerce platforms. You can review a full list here.
We work with USPS Commercial Plus Pricing (CPP), UPS, FedEx, DHL, Asendia, and ZoneJump.
We offer FBA prep services such as kitting, labeling, and attaching required FBA documentation to outer boxes. These services are offered as add-ons for existing clients, but not as a standalone service.
No! There is absolutely no commitment of any nature when you open an account with us. You are free to close your account at any time with no penalties. Our only request is that you give us ten days’ notice prior to closing your account.
Monday – Thursday: 8 AM – 5 PM EST
Friday: 8 AM – 1 PM EST
Sunday: 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM EST
Monday – Thursday: 9 AM – 6 PM EST
Friday: 9 AM – 2 PM EST
The warehouse is closed on Saturdays.
The office is closed on weekends.
Yes. We offer our customers other services and special projects such as kitting, bagging, labeling, and assembly. These services are offered both as add-ons for existing clients and as a standalone service. Check out our Pricing page for more details.
Yes. We have strong relationships with major carriers such as USPS, FedEx, DHL, and ZoneJump. We have aggressively negotiated rates and will pass the savings onto you. We also offer USPS Commercial Plus pricing with no markups. (You will need to sign up for an account to access our shipping rates.)
Upon registering for an account, you will be able to access our shipping rates calculator. The shipping rates calculator will allow you to see all the options available to the destination specified including, cost, weight and delivery times. There are no costs associated with opening an account with us. We only start billing once your first batch of products arrives at our warehouse.
Our system allows you to customize your shipping label with your company information. We offer the ability to customize your packing slip with your company information and logo. Marketing materials can also be inserted into all your orders as an add-on service. Clients who require custom packaging often opt for ready-to-ship packaging options. Simply put, products that come to us in branded outer packaging are shipped as-is. The product arrives at your customer’s door beautifully custom-branded.
As soon as your products arrive at our warehouse they are marked as “Arrived”, and an email is automatically sent to you. They are then inspected and the quantities are verified. At that point, you will receive an email that your products have been received and are ready to ship. This is completed the same day they arrive at our warehouse.
Orders can be sent to us automatically through your shopping cart platform or CSV upload. You can also enter orders manually through the Fulfillrite customer portal. We do not accept orders by phone, email, or fax.
We advise all our clients to connect with a reliable and knowledgeable customs broker to guide you through the importing, customs clearance, and freight forwarding process. We will work with any licensed custom clearance broker you choose, or we can recommend a broker that is suited for your needs (such as our industry partner, Shapiro). Please note: Fulfillrite requires that all brokerage fees, customs, taxes and duties charges related to your inbound Inventory must be paid in full prior to arrival of the products at our warehouse.
While Fulfillrite does not directly deal with freight forwarding or customs brokerage, some of our industry partners do! If you’re looking for a company to work with on freight forwarding or customs brokerage, try Freightos.
When importing into the United States, a U.S. Federal Tax ID and U.S. mailing address is ordinarily required by Customs. While we allow our customers to list our warehouse address as a location of storage on various documentations, we do not provide our Tax I.D. number for import purposes and as a result cannot be listed as the “Ultimate Consignee”. We encourage all customers to have a valid U.S. mailing address and Tax I.D. number before importing goods to the U.S. See our Guide HERE on how to obtain a U.S. Tax I.D.
To facilitate prompt and error-free returns we require a return merchant authorization number (RMA), generated through the Fulfillrite web portal. This is so we can identify to whom the return belongs, and accurately process the return. As soon as we receive a return, you immediately get an email that the item was received in our warehouse. The returns are then inspected for signs of usage and its condition is evaluated. Our comprehensive returns process offers options designed to give you the flexibility to make the most suitable decisions concerning what to do with the product. Based on your direction we can a) put the returned item back in inventory, b) set it aside and ship it back to the account holder, or, c) discard it.
We will ship your fragile products if the product comes to Fulfillrite pre-packed in protective packaging (such as sealed bubble bags, etc.) that can pass a four-foot drop-test.
Fulfillrite specializes in smaller, lightweight items. We can provide shipping for larger and heavier items, but we encourage you to contact us first. That way, we can make sure we are able to adequately meet the unique needs of your business.
There is no strict maximum on the number of items you can store in our warehouse. If you have an exceptionally large amount of inventory, please contact us and we will find a solution tailored to your business’s unique needs.
We provide you with 24/7 access to your account through our easy to use customer web portal, where you can access all your inventory data, shipping, and order information.
Once items arrive at our warehouse, we are able to receive them within the same day, provided they meet our receiving guidelines.
We accept payment via PayPal, check, wire transfer, or Chase Quickpay.
Protection of our clients’ confidential information, and privacy is of paramount importance. We impose the strictest measures to safe-guard all clients’ data. Complete data is fully backed-up on secure data centers. On-site cameras and staff prevent any unauthorized intrusion into our warehouse, operational, and management facilities.
There is no strict minimum order volume per month. However, we have a $199 minimum pick and pack fee, which is equal to about 60 to 80 orders. Similarly, we have no maximum order volume per month. If you have more than 5,000 orders per month, contact us first so we can find a solution tailored for your business’s needs.
Unfortunately, we can’t allow you to enter our warehouse. As much as we’d love to show you the operations, we have to protect our clients’ products, brands, and intellectual property. On the plus side, if you’re working with us, you can rest assured that your products and identity are confidential with no exceptions! That being said, we do love our clients and value our personal relationships with you! We are happy to meet in our office or at your location to discuss any of your questions, concerns, or just to get to know each other. You can call or email us to set up a meeting at your convenience.
We provide customer service with a dedicated team for our own services. We do not, however, provide dedicated support for end users of your product. This is to ensure that we can provide efficient fulfillment operations and low costs for your business.
Sales tax laws are applied on a state by state basis within the US. We encourage you to look up your local laws for questions related to taxes. We also recommend using tools such as Avalara and TaxJar.
Yes. Please review thoroughly the following list to familiarize yourself with the type of products we do not offer fulfillment services for, as follows:
– Hazardous products.
– Any product related to illegal activities including fraudulent or counterfeit products.
– Any product, which is illegal under the applicable laws in the jurisdiction where our warehouse is located, or the product’s place of origin.
– Any product requiring a license or other regulatory approval in the jurisdiction where our warehouse is located, the product’s place of origin or its destination (e.g., precious metals, drugs and pharmaceutical products, firearm and ammunition).
– Temperature and/or pressure sensitive items and liquids, including without limitation aerosol spray and other pressurized products.
– Any product with specific storage or transportation restrictions and/or limitations. (We make some exceptions for small quantities of lithium-ion batteries. Call or email for more information.)
– Vintage or antiques.
– Flammable liquids including, without limitation, perfumes.
– Perishable food products and/or climate controlled warehouse products such as frozen goods.
– Any product requiring ID verification (e.g., tobacco and e-cigarettes, alcohol and knives).
– High-value products (including, without limitation, iPads, laptops, designer jewelry).
– Any product loaded with or containing monetary value (e.g., cash equivalents, gift cards, money orders, checks, coins).
– Adult, adult-themed and/or sexually provocative products.
Please note: Shipping carriers and specific destinations may have additional limitations and prohibitions beyond those of Fulfillrite, for which you are solely responsible in accordance with the applicable local laws, terms and conditions, and policies/or governmental bodies. You are expected to conduct an independent research to ensure that the products sent to our warehouse are in compliance with the foregoing limitations.
Typically, we do not handle food items. We sometimes make exceptions for non-perishable, shelf-stable goods. If you are interested in shipping food items that meet those two criteria, contact us ahead of time and we can find a solution tailored for your business’s needs.
Fulfillrite is closed on Saturdays. We are closed on the following days for national and religious holidays:
Wednesday, December 25, 2019
Wednesday, January 1, 2020
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
Thursday, April 9
Friday, April 10, 2020
Wednesday, April 15
Thursday, April 16, 2020
Friday, May 29, 2020
Monday, September 28, 2020
Friday, December 25, 2020